Here is one of my favourite snacks to make. This is almost the same as the Chocolate Protein Bars “Cake Like” recipe but made with Carrot baby food (yes, baby food!).
–PICTURE TO COME–
CARROT PROTEIN “CAKE” BITES
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
4 egg whites
3/4 cup splenda
1 cup pureed carrots or 2 jars carrot baby food
1/2 cup cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and nutmeg)
3. Mix wet ingredients in medium bowl (egg whites, splenda, carrot baby food and water). Make sure water is cold and not hot.
4. Add wet ingredients t0 the dry ingredient and mix well.
5. Spray a 8×8 glass baking dish and transfer batter into dish.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 16 squares.