FBD PIZZA CALZONE
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
10 oz extra lean ground beef
salt/pepper to taste
1 tsp basil
1 cup tomato sauce
***2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups all purpose flour (+ 1/2 cup or more for rolling dough out and/or making it less sticky)
2 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp parmesan
**Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
1. Add oil to pan and saute chopped onion, pepper and garlic until peppers are soft.
2. Remove saute onion/pepper/garlic from pan. Add lean ground beef, season with salt and pepper and basil. Cook until brown throughout.
3. Re-add saute onions/pepper/garlic. Add tomato sauce and let in cook for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Make pizza dough:
– Add yeast in warm water and stir.
– Whisk together flour and salt then add in yeast mixture.
– Stir together, if dough is still really sticky add a bit more flour. Remove from bowl and knead into a ball, adding in flour when needed.
– Let sit for 5-10 mins.
5. Cut pizza dough in 4 pieces. Roll each piece into thin circles (the dough should be on the thin side).
6. Add 1/4cup-1/2cup cheese (less cheese less calories) and then add meat sauce to half of the dough, fold over and pinch sides.
7. Bake for 20 mins. When there is 5 mins left, add melted paremsan garlic topping and finish baking. Crust should be slightly golden brown.
Nutritional Information: 1 calzone (they are fairly big)
Calories: 664 calories