So I took this recipe off of bodybuilding.com, however I changed one ingredient in it. But this is seriously the most delicious protein bar I have ever tried/made. It honestly takes like chocolate cake. So I am thinking that for birthdays I will make this recipe as a cake and put some ‘healthier’ icing on top to make it more cake like.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS:
1 cup of oat flour
4 eggs whites
2 scoops of Low Carb Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (or you can use Vanilla flavoured)
1/2 cup splenda (or any of your favorite sweetener alternatives)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (really helps to bring out the chocolate flavour)
3 tbsp Baking Cocoa (unsweetened)
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together (oat flower, whey protein powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa)
3. In a medium sized bowl mix wet ingredients together (egg whites, splenda, applesauce, water)
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
5. Spray 8×8 baking dish with a non stick spray and add the batter to the dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes in oven or until toothpick comes out clean.
This should make 16 bars, and should be a very moist chocolate cake like protein bar.