Banana Peanut Butter Protein Muffins
Based from the recipe found on A Kitchen Addiction
2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup protein powder (whey blend with caesin is best, isolate does not bake well)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup apple sauce
3 egg whites or 1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with non stick cooking spray.
2. Large bowl- mix flour, protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl- mix banana, peanut butter, honey, apple sauce, eggs and milk.
4. Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients- mix very well. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into muffin tins, until 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove onto wire rack to cool. Enjoy. Makes 16 muffins