I was given this recipe from a friend who found it online and it is absolutely delicious and a great snack to have around the house when your craving something to eat. Its full of great ingredients and its very filling. These were a hit at our open house.
– 2 cups of boiled & mashed carrots
– 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats which you will blend to make flour out of it
– 3 cups of almond meal (I made my own by blending the almonds in my Ninja blender till it was just getting the moisture out of the almonds)
– 3 tsp of baking powder
– 4 tbsp of honey
– 4 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
– coconut flakes OR crushed almonds or walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Mix the oat flower and almond meal together in a large bowl. Add the cooled mashed carrots, baking powder, honey and coconut oil to this mixture and mix it all well.
The dough should be moist and sticky so that it can easily form balls. You can make them as big as you want them, I used a tsp to grab the dough to form balls with & made about 35 balls.
3. Roll the balls in the coconut flakes, crushed almonds or crushed walnuts and bake for about 15 minutes.
Total fat: 9.0g
Saturated fat: 3.0g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.0g
Total carb: 9.6g
Dietary fiber: 2.3g