I love having my handful of assorted nuts daily (cashews, almonds, walnuts, peacan, pistachio, etc). So here is a recipe for all you nut lovers 😉
Nut Crusted Chicken
– 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 2/3 cups of raw unsalted mix nuts
– 1/4 tsp paprika
– 1 egg
– 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a blender or food processor add the mix nuts and grind them until they are a fine texture. Dump them onto a dish and add salt and pepper to your liking and the paprika. Mix thoroughly.
2. Break the egg into a plate with a rim around it (not a big plate)
3. Ensure that chicken breasts are too thick, if so cut in the middle or pound them. Dip each chicken breast into the egg then into the nut mixture, coating both sides well.
4. Add coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat, was melted add chicken breasts to skillet and cook until both sides are golden and the chicken is cooked through.