Recently we have been trying gluten free foods. We have not gone 100% gluten free and I don’t think we ever will, but it is good to watch how much of it you eat. So when I found this recipe online I was all over it and to be honest, I was not 100% sure about it at first as it asked for a ton of eggs however, its absolutely delicious….and smells delicious!
I bought Coconut Flour from Planet Organic as I heard so much about it but, of course, I had NO idea how to use it or substitute it in recipes. I figured out now though that your amount of eggs and/or wet ingredients double in most recipes. Anyways, here is the recipe. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we do! 🙂
GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON BANANA COCONUT MUFFINS
– 8 eggs
– 2 mashed ripe bananas
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 5 tsp cinnamon (mmm yum!)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
– 5 tbsp honey
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
– 3/4 cup coconut flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
3. Pour into 12 muffin tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY 🙂
Recipe found on: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com