This recipe is by far the best quinoa recipe I have had. I took this one off of the website allrecipes.com. Warning, if you don’t like an over powering taste of garlic then add a little less.
Garlic & Herb Quinoa
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
– 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (I use chicken broth)
– 2 tsps chopped garlic
– 2 tbsp of fresh parsley
– 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
– 1/4 tsp salt (I actually will void this addition of salt next time as I find the broth gives enough salt as is)
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped
– 1 dash of lemon juice or more, depending on your taste buds 🙂
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa and toast it, stirring occasionally until lightly browned (approx: 5 minutes). Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
2. In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt (if your adding it), and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve. DELICIOUS!!