We are so glad to hear that everyone who tries this recipe loves it. I know when we found this recipe we went crazy for it. Now we have had one of our clients add a twist to this recipe so make sure you check it out. The Black Bean Brownie recipe stays the same, but she opted out of the frosting and added her own twist. So give them both a try! 🙂
Black Bean Brownies:
1- 15oz: can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup: agave syrup
1/2 cup: self rising flour (or I just use whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup: egg whites
1/4 cup: unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp: vanilla
1 tsp: baking powder
6 tbsp: mini-semi sweet chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8×10 baking dish.
– In a food processor mix all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, together.
– Chop on high until smooth
– Clean all sides of the processor and blend for another 20 seconds
– Add the chips and stir well. Spread into the baking dish
– Bake for 20-25 minutes
Frosting Option A:
6 oz: fat free cream cheese (blue menu brand from superstore is excellent!)
1/4 cup: agave syrup
2 tbsp: vanilla extract
2 tbsp: semi sweet chocolate chips melted
– With a whisk attached to an electric mixture, blend all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, until light and fluffy.
– In a microwave bowl, melt the chocolate chips and then mix in with cream cheese mixture.
– Spread evenly over the top of the cooked brownies
Veronica’s Peanut Butter Swirl Option B:
Instead of adding the frosting on top of the brownies, our client Veronica did something different to the black bean brownie recipe, she mixes in the peanut butter swirl to the batter. (Definitely got to give this a try!) Here’s the recipe:
1/3 cup of peanut butter
1 tbsp agave syrup (or stevia, honey or maple syrup)
Pinch of salt
Dash of vanilla extract
Add ingredients together in a bowl and stir it into the batter. Bake as original recipe states.
Full Body Developments Inc.