If you haven’t already noticed, I am a HUGE fan of black bean brownies. I personally don’t think you can tell the difference between black bean brownies and a regular brownie. This recipe was given to me by my mother in law Kathy and they are absolutely amazing. Totally different then the other black bean brownie recipe we have on this site, these ones are a lot more moist.
Black Bean Applesauce Brownies
1- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and brain
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup coconut sugar
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
You can add semi chocolate chips or nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until all ingredients are well blended
3. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non stick cooking spray
4. Pour batter into pan. If adding chocolate chips or nuts, add on top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the centre
6. Cool for 30 minutes, cut and serve.