If you like breaded chicken but want a healthier version then this recipe is for you! You can use this ‘breaded’ mixture on any time of protein. Give it a shot and see how you like it.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup chopped almonds (I just used the Ninja to chop them up)
1/4 cup of milled flax seeds
2 boneless chicken breasts (I cut them into halves as they were pretty thick)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cover a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and mix thoroughly.
4. On a plate, combine the chopped almonds and flaxseeds, mix together well.
5. Dip the chicken in the mustard-oil mixture (try to coat evenly) then dip into the nut mixture. Place the chicken in the baking dish. Once all chicken in coated, if you have left over nut mixture you can add a bit to the top of the chicken to give it that extra crunch!
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breast are or until it is fully cooked.
The chicken should be super tender and moist. Enjoy! 🙂