I am not a huge fan of red meat, but try to have it at least once every other week. Especially being pregnant now, it is vital that I have red meat in my diet in order to keep my iron up and not feel so worn out. So one of my favourite ways to incorporate red meat is with this recipe that my mom made often when I was a kid. It’s not only delicious but a quick and easy meal to make!
> 1 1/2 lbs steak cut into thin strips (round tip or sirloin)
> 1/4 cups olive oil
> 1 cup water
> 1 medium onion sliced
> 1/2 tsp garlic salt
> 1 tsp ground ginger (I put 1.5 tsp because I love the taste of ground ginger)
> 2 medium bell peppers sliced
> 1 tbsp cornstarch
> 2-3 tbsp sugar
> 2 tbsp soya sauce
> 1 medium tomatoe chopped
1. Heat oil in pan and add steak. Cook until slightly brown.
2. Add water, onion, garlic salt, and ginger. Heat to a boil: 12-15 mins for round tip or 5-8 for sirloin)
3. Add bell peppers and cook until tender.
4. Stir together cornstarch, sugar and soya sauce. Add to meat mixture.
5. Once thicken, add tomatoes and serve over rice!